Burst Into Books
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
With New Restaurants, A Bookstore And Beauty Salon, South Side Entrepreneurs Hope To Keep Local Dollars In The Neighborhoods
South Side entrepreneurs and nonprofits are bringing their dream communities to life thanks to a new round of Neighborhood Opportunity Fund grants.
Burst Into Books To Open Community Center And Bookstore For Kids Of Color In Roseland
The nonprofit with a focus on literacy plans to open "a space for the youth" of Roseland and the Far South Side in September, founder Jurema Gorham said. "When the kids walk in ... they'll say, 'This was created for me.'"
Free Tutoring Available Thanks To These Nonprofits Trying To Help Students Through Tumultuous Year
Burst Into Books and Mothers Against Senseless Killings are matching tutors with students.
Englewood Residents Work To Help Small Businesses After A Weekend Of Devastation
"We wanted to show the city and the community that we are still standing with them and that we will continue to support."
South Side Groups Are Giving Out Weekly ‘Relief Bags’ With Fun Activities For Kids
The bags of books, activities and craft supplies "give parents and kids a little something to smile about, because there’s so much they can’t control," Burst Into Books founder Jurema Gorham said.