- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
A West Side Group Is Hosting A Summit To Help Prevent Violence Over Memorial Day Weekend
The summit is aimed at building relationships and connecting residents with the resources they need to build a safe community.
West Side Groups Say Plenty Of Locals Could Have Used Loretto’s Vaccine Doses: ‘[We] Can’t Get Them Because They’re Being Shipped To Other Places’
There is a high demand for vaccines on the West Side, where the pandemic took a devastating toll. But some of Loretto Hospital's vaccines were administered to well-connected people outside the community.
West Side Violence Prevention Group Helping CPS Design Alternatives To Cops In Schools: ‘A Whole Different Way Of Them Doing Things’
Partner organizations will host focus groups to get input from school communities. The feedback will be developed into safety strategies for CPS to review.
$8 Million City Plan Expands Access To Mental Health Care In West Side Neighborhoods
In communities of color, there is tremendous need for help for people struggling with trauma and addiction, one provider said. "A lot of that comes from the underlying social challenges we have in those communities."
West Siders Unite For Summer Of Opportunity Fest In Austin This Weekend
In addition to music, games, food and art, this street fair will showcase resources programs designed to keep young people off of the streets.