Brown Books and Paint Brushes
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
South Side Literacy Nonprofit Celebrates Black History Month With Tons Of Free Books
Brown Books and Paintbrushes will hold a month-long pop-up at an Auburn Gresham café, give away books to classrooms and refill South Side little libraries through February.
Hyde Park’s Brown Books And Paintbrushes Celebrates Kwanzaa By Uplifting Youth Literacy And Art
A week of programs celebrating the Black holiday continues with a fundraiser, a community discussion, a giveaway of books and art supplies and a restocking of Little Free Libraries citywide.
Black Kids Can Drum, Dance And Read Plenty Of Books During This Month’s Black History Tour
The event series was planned "to create this healthy racial identity — you are black and you are somebody," organizer Candice Washington said.
Jackson Park’s New Little Free Libraries Keep Getting Vandalized With Anti-Kim Foxx Conspiracy Theories
The book boxes, located at playgrounds and home to free children's books, have been defaced by flyers from a notorious local conspiracy website in recent weeks.
As South Shore Public Library Renovations Linger On, Neighbors Are Placing Little Free Libraries All Over
Veronica Kyle's home caught a bullet during a 2015 murder. Now she's on a mission to change the neighborhood's culture through reading.