- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Bridgeport Bakery’s Beloved Bacon Buns Are Back — But It’s Only Doing Online Orders
The bakery's brick-and-mortar location is closed, but the owner is taking online orders for bacon buns, birthday cakes and pastries.
Bridgeport Bakery Hopes To Reopen — But It’s Facing Lawsuit, Financial Troubles
“I just can’t handle a full bakery and litigation at the moment,” said owner Can Lao, who hopes to set up a GoFundMe soon to cover the bakery’s legal expenses.
Bridgeport Bakery Closing Again After A Nearly 50-Year Run And An Ownership Change
The neighborhood bakery will permanently close after its last day Sunday. It's open until then — and you can place orders online for now.
Bridgeport Bakery IS Open For Business, Despite Rumors On Social Media
Two sisters who work the front counter tested positive for coronavirus, but all other employees have since tested negative, the owner said.
Bridgeport Bakery Is Open Again: New Owner Brings Back Old Staff And Recipes, Thrilling Locals
New owner Can Lao planned for a "soft" opening Thursday, but by 6 a.m. he'd sold out of bacon buns. "As soon as I found out I came over," one neighbor said.
Bridgeport Bakery Is Coming Back, And So Are The Paczki And Bacon Buns
The new owner of the bakery, which closed at the end of October after nearly 50 years in business, will be tutored by former owner Ron Pavelka.
Bridgeport Bakery Closing After Nearly 50 Years In The Neighborhood
“He wants to spend some time with his grandkids and it’s been 47 years, it’s about time he retires,” the owner's sister said.