- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Cowboys From Across Midwest Reunite For High Noon Ride Through The South Side
The Chicago horse riders are "trying to keep this a generational thing" by getting kids familiar with horses and cowboy culture.
See Chicago’s Black Cowboys In Action This Weekend At South Shore Cultural Center Rodeo
The event, now in its third decade, aims to showcase the agility of horses and their riders while bringing the "cowboy lifestyle to the inner city," said founder Murdock, The Man with No First Name.
‘Room Rodeo,’ A Chicago Student’s Film On Black Cowboys, Snags City Grant — And You Can See It Next Week
The short film blending drama and documentary features interviews with South Shore bull rider Aaron Baxter and Chicago cowboy Murdock, The Man With No First Name.
This South Side Cowboy Has Become A Viral Video Star During Pandemic
"A lot of people from my community have never seen a horse in real life, let alone be on top of the horse," said Adam Hollingsworth, a Woodlawn native who rides as Dreadheadcowboy.