Back Alley Jazz Festival
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Back Alley Jazz Celebrates 5th Anniversary Saturday In South Shore: Jazz ‘Has Always Been Here’
The free festival will have live jazz performances, food, vendors and more Saturday on a few blocks of Paxton and Oglesby Avenues.
With $25,000 Award, South Shore Designer Norman Teague Wants To Open An Accessible South Side Art Studio
"I have so many friends that are like, 'Oh my God, there isn't a work studio on the South Side that's affordable or feasible or accessible,'" Teague said. "I'm investigating ways for that to happen."
This Weekend’s Hyde Park Jazz Festival ‘Has No Common Theme’ — Besides Good Music And Thoughtful Discussion, Of Course
Public discussions from back-alley jazz legends and local experts will complement a wide variety of performances, linking the history of jazz music to the lived experiences of black South Siders.
Back Alley Jazz Festival Brings Music To The Street And A Neighborhood Together [PHOTOS]
South Shore residents and people from around Chicago gathered for Back Alley Jazz Festival, which is reviving a tradition that started in the ‘60s.