Army Corps Of Engineers
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Englewood, Chatham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Lakeview, Boystown, Wrigleyville
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Lakefront Dump Site Set For Decades-Long Expansion, Despite Pleas From Southeast Siders Already ‘Overwhelmed With Pollution’
The Army Corps of Engineers plans to expand its East Side disposal site for contaminated sediment as it nears capacity — crushing neighbors' hopes for public park space along the river.
Neighbors Stunned After Riverbank Trees Cut Down, But Army Corps Says Native Trees Will Replace Them
Neighbors along Legion Park at Bryn Mawr and the North Branch of the Chicago River were shocked when hundreds of trees were taken down on Monday.
Thanks To High Lake Levels, A Frigid Winter And A Soggy Spring, The Rogers Park Shoreline Is In Trouble
The erosion has already caused recently repaired breakwater walls to begin falling, leading to the loss of a mature tree.
The End of Chicago’s Only ‘Waterfall’ Marks A New Beginning For Life On The River
Don't go chasing waterfalls — Chicago doesn't have one anymore. The 100-year-old four-foot dam is being torn down.