American Civil Liberties Union
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
West Siders Would Call 911, But No Officers Would Show Up. After Lawsuit, City Forced To Track Emergency Response Times
A settlement with the Central Austin Neighborhood Association will require Chicago police to track how fast they answer 911 calls and strategize how to better serve nonwhite neighborhoods that need help.
To Combat Gun Violence, Mayor Lightfoot Wants To Sue Gang Members
The ordinance would enable the city to sue purported gang members in civil court and try to seize their assets. But critics say the plan relies on an error-ridden gang database that was supposed to be overhauled.
A Chicago Psychiatric Hospital Will Lose Federal Funding Over Safety and Abuse Issues Involving Children in State Care
At the same time, a federal judge said he will appoint a monitor to oversee the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services. “The stakes cannot be higher,” the judge said.