- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
The City Is Supposed To Publicize Police Response Times To 911 Calls — But It’s Weeks Past Court-Mandated Deadline
The city agreed to release the data to settle a lawsuit from the ACLU and Central Austin Neighborhood Association about police failing to respond to 911 calls in Black neighborhoods on the West Side.
West Siders Would Call 911, But No Officers Would Show Up. After Lawsuit, City Forced To Track Emergency Response Times
A settlement with the Central Austin Neighborhood Association will require Chicago police to track how fast they answer 911 calls and strategize how to better serve nonwhite neighborhoods that need help.
Cops Rarely Pull Over Drivers In Their Own Neighborhoods, Data Shows. Motorists In Black Neighborhoods Aren’t So Lucky
Drivers are least likely to be pulled over on the far Northwest and Southwest sides, where many first responders live. Ald. Nick Sposato said that's because "white people just know how to talk their way out of a ticket."
Chicago Police Pull Over Black Drivers 7 Times More Often Than White Drivers, State Report Shows
A state report shows traffic stops skyrocketed in recent years, and Black Chicagoans are by far the most frequently pulled over by police.