- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Ald. Jeanette Taylor Narrowly Avoids Runoff, Wins 2nd Term As 20th Ward Alderwoman
The firebrand Woodlawn alderwoman won reelection to the South Side ward after securing 53 percent of the vote.
2 Challengers Taking On Ald. Jeanette Taylor As She Seeks 2nd Term Representing 20th Ward
All three candidates ran for the South Side seat in 2019. Taylor won the election, Andre Smith placed fifth out of nine candidates and Jennifer Maddox placed seventh.
How Much Does My Alderman Make? Here’s A Complete List
The highest-paid alderpeople will make $142,772 next year, thanks to a nearly 10 percent raise. The lowest-paid alderperson makes $115,560, by comparison.
Denying Rumors, Rahm Says He Won’t Appoint Interim 20th Ward Alderman To Replace Disgraced Cochran Before Election
Rumors that the mayor might make a last-minute appointment to fill Ald. Willie Cochran's vacant seat prompted one concerned citizen to start a petition.
From Jobs To CPS Monitoring Social Media, 20th Ward Candidates Tackle Issues Important To Youth
Nine candidates — thinned from a crowd of 15 — all hope to replace current Ald. Willie Cochran, who is awaiting trial on corruption charges.
Problems Facing Chicago’s Young People Will Be A Focus Of 2 Upcoming Aldermanic Forums In South Side Races
Candidates from the 3rd and 20th wards will meet to field questions from kids and teens.
Development On The South Side Can’t Leave Locals Behind, 20th Ward Candidates Say At Forum
The forum's focus was on affordable housing and holding big-money newcomers accountable to the neighborhood.