2019 Teachers Strike
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
In ‘Classless’ Act, Striking Teachers Spat Upon By People In Board Of Trade Building: ‘Who Does That?’
Multiple teachers reported being spit on from people above them in the Board of Trade while they marched Wednesday.
Lightfoot Slams Union Leaders Over Lack Of Urgency, But CTU Says ‘We’ve Been At This For 10 Months’
Day 2 of the teachers strike continues with no deal.
Chicago Teachers Set Strike Date For Oct. 17 As Negotiations Fail To Yield Deal
Teachers will walk out and potentially shut down 500-some public schools on Oct. 17. That’s the same day that a separate union representing school aides has threatened to strike.