Skip to contents

Bishop Louis Henry Ford, Namesake Of Freeway And Eulogist At Emmett Till’s Funeral, Was Chicago’s 1st Historic Preservationist

Chicago’s oldest house, the 1836 Henry B. Clarke House, was bought by Bishop Ford in 1941 and cared for by Ford and the St. Paul Church of God in Christ until it became a city-run house museum in 1982.

Bronzeville, Near South Side