RIVER WEST — The Pearl Club, which is replacing Emmit’s Irish Pub, will open Saturday with a completely renovated interior.
Emmit’s Irish Pub, one of the best-known Irish bars in the country, closed last year after 26 years as co-owners Kevin Doherty and Ron Halvorsen sought to leave the hospitality business behind. The beloved bar, 495 N. Milwaukee Ave., had been featured in several movies and TV shows.
Now the space has been converted into a swanky cocktail lounge spearheaded by Rob Katz, co-founder of Boka Restaurant Group, and business partner Matt Ruder.
The lounge’s interior was designed by Kehoe Designs and features wood tones, floor-to-ceiling velvet drapes, brass and leather.
The original wood bar from Emmit’s, built by hand from the previous owner, used to serve as a stage for the Shannon Rovers Irish Pipe Band. It was restored in the renovation, and the bar features a marble top — though the original wood details of the interior bar were maintained.
Guests can expect “unique riffs” on classic cocktails created by Lazy Bird veteran Paolo Acuna. The lounge will also feature a small menu from chef Isaac Blinn.
Some featured cocktails:
- Robert Emmet: Bushmills Sherry Black Bush, Belle de Brillet, ginger honey, lemon, ginger beer, peat.
- Jaylee’s Pimm’s Cup: Pimm’s, Koval barrel-aged gin, Cappelletti Pasubio Vino Amaro, dragonfruit, lemon.
- Trambler: Smoked Gouda Washed Jose Cuervo Tradicional, Giffard’s Creme de Mure, mint syrup, lime juice.
- Phoenix: Koval Amburana Rye, sweet vermouth blend, fino sherry, Bigelett China China Orange Bitters.
- Clarified Ube Colada: SelvaRey Coconut, ube, coconut water, lemon.
Light bites on the menu include shrimp cocktail, double crunch chicken nuggets, steak tartare, chef’s selection of caviar and pigs in a blanket.
Reservations for The Pearl Club are available on Resy.
Photos of the interior and food:
Listen to the Block Club Chicago podcast: