CHATHAM — Dazzling buildings in Chatham, South Shore, Hyde Park and Kenwood will open their doors this weekend for Open House Chicago.
The weekend-long tours, organized by the Chicago Architecture Center, will put more than 150 sites across 20 neighborhoods on display.
Admission is free unless otherwise noted, and some sites may require proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test for entry. Check the individual listings for more details.
Here are some of the striking buildings you can tour:
- Avalon Regal Theater, 1645 E. 79th St.
- The Coastland Co-operative Apartments, 2666 E. 73rd St.
- Windsor Beach Apartments, 7321 S. South Shore Drive
- Whitney M. Young Jr. Branch Library, 415 E. 79th St.
- Hyde Park Art Center, 5020 S. Cornell Ave.
- Hyde Park Bank & Trust, 1525 E. 53rd St.
- Augustana Lutheran Church Of Hyde Park, 5500 S. Woodlawn Ave.
- Hyde Park Union Church, 5600 S. Woodlawn Ave.
- United Church Of Hyde Park, 1448 E. 53rd St.
- UChicago Joseph Bond Chapel, 1025 E. 58th St.
- Kenwood United Church Of Christ, 4699 S. Greenwood Ave.
- KAM Isaiah Israel, 5039 S. Greenwood Ave.
- St. Paul & The Redeemer Episcopal Church, 4945 S. Dorchester Ave.
Listen to “It’s All Good: A Block Club Chicago Podcast”: