AUSTIN — Some of the West Side’s most iconic buildings can be toured during this weekend’s Open House Chicago.
Open House, organized by the Chicago Architecture Center, is Saturday and Sunday, putting more than 150 sites in more than 20 neighborhoods on display. Entry is free unless otherwise noted.
Some sites may require proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test for entry. Check the individual site listings for more details.
- Austin Branch Library, 5615 W. Race Ave.
- Christ the King Jesuit College Preparatory School, 5088 W. Jackson Blvd.
- Austin Community Family Center, 501 N. Central Ave.
- Fraternité Notre Dame, 502 N. Central Ave.
- Kehrein Center for the Arts, 5628 W. Washington Blvd.
- Central Park Theater, 3535 W. Roosevelt Road
- Farm on Ogden, 3555 W. Ogden Ave.
- Stone Temple Baptist Church, 3622 W. Douglas Blvd.
East Garfield Park
- 345 Art Gallery, 345 N. Kedzie Ave.
- Firebird Community Arts, 2651 W. Lake St.
- New Mount Pilgrim Missionary Baptist Church, 4301 W. Washington Blvd.
- Our Lady of Sorrows Basilica & National Shrine, 3121 W. Jackson Blvd.
- Revolution Workshop, 3410 W. Lake St.
Listen to “It’s All Good: A Block Club Chicago Podcast”: