LAKEVIEW — A dozen local restaurants have prepared their best taco recipes for Lakeview Taco Fest this weekend.
This year’s festival runs 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Saturday-Sunday along Southport Avenue between Addison and Roscoe streets.
Visitors can try tacos stuffed with a range of meat and vegetarian options. People can text to vote for the festival’s “Best Taco” award.
- Tuco & Blondie, 3358 N. Southport Ave.
- Banges, 3801 S. Kedzie Ave.
- Carnitas Roldan
- Enrique’s Place
- Blue Agave, 579 W. Kinzie St.
- La Cebollita Grill, 2632 W. 71st St.
- Tacos Nietos, 2863 E. 95th St.
- Taqueria la Ciudad, 5005 S. Ashland Ave.
- Beat Kitchen, 2100 W. Belmont Ave.
- DS Tequila, 3352 N. Halsted St.
- El Campeon, 5745 W. 35th St., Cicero.
- Tandoor Char, 2652 N. Halsted St., which won last year’s “People’s Choice” award.
The festival will also feature beer-and-taco pairings, two music stages, Mexican wrestling demonstrations, kids’ activities and more.
2 p.m.: Villains Inc.
3:30 p.m.: Don’t Speak
6 p.m.: Breakfast Club
8 p.m.: Too Much Molly Band
2 p.m.: Mariachi Los Viajeros
3:30 p.m.: Rico Band
6 p.m.: Latin Groove Band
8:30 p.m.: Afternoon Delight
1:30 p.m.: Rosie & the Rivets
3 p.m.: Latin Groove Band
5 p.m.: Dancing Queen: An ABBA Salute
7 p.m.: Rod Tuffcurls
1 p.m.: Mariachi Los Viajeros
2:30 p.m.: To The 9’s
4 p.m.: Hello Weekend
5:30 p.m.: Boy Band Review
7:30 p.m.: Supernatural Soul
A $10 donation is suggested to enter the festival. It benefits Friends of Lakeview, a nonprofit organization and partner of the Lakeview Roscoe Village Chamber of Commerce and Special Service Area 27.
More information can be found on the festival’s website.
Listen to “It’s All Good: A Block Club Chicago Podcast”: