Editor’s Note: The location of this event has been changed due to rain. This story has been updated.
ANDERSONVILLE — A special kind of dance party is coming to Andersonville this weekend.
The Andersonville Chamber of Commerce is hosting Let’s Dance Andersonville!, an outdoor dance party to celebrate the city’s designation of 2022 as the Year of Chicago Dance, according to a news release. People can enjoy music and performances at the free event 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday at the former Akira space, 5228 N. Clark St.
Trey Elder, of music group Quiet Pterodactyl, will serve as emcee and the event’s “music mix master guru.” Photographer Leni Manaa-Hoppenworth will also have Let’s Dance Andersonville! photos available for download on her website after the event.
Some portions of the event will be livestreamed on dance store Chicago Dance Supply’s Facebook page.
- 11 a.m.: Bollywood by the Helen C. Peirce School
- 11:30 a.m.: Salsa by Desueño Dance
- 12 p.m.: Kathak by Illinois Center for Kathak
- 12:30 p.m.: Rueda de Casino by Chicago Casineros
- 1 p.m.: Nordic folk dance by the Nordic Folk Dancers of Chicago
- 2 p.m.: Tap by the Chicago Tap Theatre
- 2:15 p.m.: Hustle and Jitterbug by the Glenwood Dance Studio
- 3 p.m.: Tangos Flamenco by Ensemble Español Spanish Dance Youth Company
- 3:15 p.m.: Argentine tango by 312 Movement
- 3:45 p.m.: Hip hop by The Met Down
- 4 p.m.: Urban jazz by the Joel Hall Dancers
More information about the 2022 Year of Chicago Dance can be found online.
Listen to “It’s All Good: A Block Club Chicago Podcast”: