IRVING PARK — People can donate now to the Irving Park Community Food Pantry’s virtual holiday gift drive.
The pantry plans to fill the stockings of at least 300 area kids 12 and younger for the holidays, according to its website. It’s asking supporters to donate items online through its Amazon or Target gift registries.
People can also donate money that will be used to buy gifts through PayPal or by mailing a check to Irving Park Food Pantry, 4256 N. Ridgeway Ave., Chicago, IL 60618.
People are asked to donate as early as possible due to supply chain issues around the world.
The organization is also in the final stretch of accepting new and lightly used winter clothing for its annual coat drive. It runs through Monday, said volunteer Kathy O’Neill.
In addition to coats, the pantry is asking for hats, scarves, mittens and cold-weather gear. Organizers ask that people not donate sweaters, boots or other types of clothing.
Volunteers will give the items to families in need on Wednesday, O’Neill said.
Winter clothing donations dropoff spots:
- Big Helpers store, 4184 N. Elston Ave.
- Disney II Magnet School, 3815 N. Kedvale Ave.
- Disney II Magnet High School, 3900 N. Lawndale Ave.
- Distinct Bath & Body, 4046 N. Milwaukee Ave.
- Enriched Acupuncture Center, 5255 N Central Ave.
- Eris Brewery & Cider House, 4240 W. Irving Park Road
- Jet’s Pizza, 3951 N. Kimball Ave.
- Old Irving Brewing Company, 4419 W. Montrose Ave.
- Perkolator, 6032 W. Irving Park Road
- Wintrust Mayfair branch, 4343 N. Elston Ave.
- Front Porch, 3822 N. Tripp Ave.
Other dropoff points will be announced on the pantry’s Facebook page.
Anyone with a large donation or who wants organize a coat gathering event should email email@example.com for suggestions or to arrange delivery.
Listen to “It’s All Good: A Block Club Chicago Podcast” here: