CHICAGO — A group that provides mentoring programs for Chicago girls has launched a fundraising effort for the holidays.
Polished Pebbles Girls Mentoring Program is collecting donations for its 2022 programs and to raise awareness of its work. The group teaches Black and Latinx girls 7-17 years old communication skills for home, school and careers.
Those interested in donating to the program can do so on the Polished Pebbles website.
The fundraising effort allows supporters to donate based on five tiers:
- A donation of $25 will send the “Every Girl Is A CEO! Career and Success Guide” book to girls in more than 30 Chicago Public Schools.
- Donating $50 will provide seed money to a fund that helps mother-and-daughter teams create businesses.
- Donating $75 will fund the Every Girl is a CEO summer work-study program.
- A donation of $100 will sponsor a girl for Polished Pebbles’ Every Girl Is A CEO conference.
- A $150 donation will fund a girl’s participation in the Polished Pebbles Pink Hard Hat Project, which integrates girls and young women into skilled trades, manufacturing and construction industries.
Listen to “It’s All Good: A Block Club Chicago Podcast” here: