ROSCOE VILLAGE — People can support local schools next week by shopping in Roscoe Village.
More than a dozen Roscoe Village businesses are participating in the 13th annual Shop for Schools event, in which stores pledge to give 20 percent of their sales to local schools.
The two-day shopping event runs 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Oct. 6-7, according to the Lakeview Roscoe Village Chamber of Commerce.
- And Studio, 2132 W. Belmont Ave.
- A Pied, 2037 W. Roscoe St.
- Cinnamon Boutique, 2104 W. Roscoe St.
- Cubbington’s Cabinet, 2015 W. Roscoe St.
- Ellie Thompson + Co., 2139 W. Roscoe St.
- Kenneth Ludwig Chicago, 2217 W. Roscoe St.
- Kickin’, 2142 W. Roscoe St.
- Moondance Chicago, 2010 W. Roscoe St.
- Reach Pilates Studio, 2024 W. Roscoe St.
- Roscoe Village Bikes, 2016 W. Roscoe St.
- RoscoeBooks, 2142 W. Roscoe St.
- The Denim Lounge, 2039 W. Roscoe St.
- The Denim Lounge in Motion, 2037 W. Roscoe St.
- Winnie Cooper Boutique, 2013 W. Roscoe St.
Shoppers can choose which school they’d like their money to go to when buying items. The chamber also will donate $6,000 to the six schools that raise the most money.
- Alphonsus Academy & Center for the Arts, 1439 W. Wellington Ave.
- Audubon School, 3500 N. Hoyne Ave.
- Bell Elementary, 3730 N. Oakley Ave.
- Blaine Elementary, 1420 W. Grace St.
- Burley Elementary, 1630 W. Barry Ave.
- Coonley Elementary, 4046 N. Leavitt St.
- DePaul College Prep, 3300 N. Campbell Ave.
- Hamilton Elementary, 1650 W. Cornelia Ave.
- Harriet Tubman Elementary School, 2851 N. Seminary Ave.
- Hawthorne Scholastic Academy, 3319 N. Clifton Ave.
- Jahn Elementary, 3149 N. Wolcott Ave.
- Lane Tech, 2501 W. Addison St.
- St. Benedict School, 3900 N. Leavitt St.
- St. Luke Academy, 1500 W. Belmont Ave.
- St. Andrew School, 1710 W. Addison St.
- St. Clement School, 2524 N. Orchard St.
- St. Josaphat School, 2245 N. Southport Ave.
- Twinkling Stars Preschool, 2044 W. Belmont Ave.
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel, 720 W. Belmont Ave.
More information on Shop for Schools can be found on the Lakeview Roscoe Village Chamber’s website.
Jake Wittich is a Report for America corps member covering Lakeview, Lincoln Park and LGBTQ communities across the city for Block Club Chicago.
Subscribe to Block Club Chicago, an independent, 501(c)(3), journalist-run newsroom. Every dime we make funds reporting from Chicago’s neighborhoods.
Listen to “It’s All Good: A Block Club Chicago Podcast” here: