CHICAGO — The city of Chicago cited seven businesses in the past week for violating the the indoor mask mandate.
The businesses were cited after the the city’s Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection conducted investigations from Sept. 8 through Sept. 12.
The city investigated 85 total cases, with the seven businesses found to be in violation of the city’s indoor mask mandate requiring masks for anyone over 2 years old and visible signage indicating masks are required, the city said.
According to the city, the businesses cited were:
• Xsport Fitness, 4677 N. Elston Ave.
• Mike’s Tavern, 8354 S. Pulaski
• Yakira Yoana Branado, 6234 W. Addison
• The Great Room, 2518 W. Division
• Zhou Brothers Art Foundation, 3302 S. Morgan
• Angela L Hill, 7039-41 S. Wentworth
• Hydrate & Elixir, 3452 – 58 N. Halsted
The city said its putting businesses on “high alert” that it will be enforcing the indoor mask mandate and encouraged Chicagoans to file a 311 report for violations they see.
Subscribe to Block Club Chicago, an independent, 501(c)(3), journalist-run newsroom. Every dime we make funds reporting from Chicago’s neighborhoods.