CHICAGO — Block Club appears three times a week on “The Bob Sirott Show” on WGN-AM (720).
The “Extremely Local News” segment can be heard live around 7:18 a.m. on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays here.
Here are some of the most recent appearances:
• 9/10/21 — A secret meeting of Chicago bakers are helping keep bakeries alive (Shamus Toomey)
• 9/9/21 — Ald. Jim Gardiner in hot water after texts leak (Jen Sabella)
• 9/8/21 — Popular Twitter account Chicago Party Aunt is getting Netflix show (Shamus Toomey)
• 9/3/21 — A photographer turns a hobby into a business (Shamus Toomey)
• 9/2/21 — Chicago Double Dutch Club helps women relive childhood (Jen Sabella)
• 9/1/21 — ‘Chicago Egg Hunters’ Facebook group forms to catch serial egg thrower (Shamus Toomey)
• 8/27/21 — In fight to save Thompson Center, architecture buffs share bold new ideas for building (Shamus Toomey)
• 8/26/21 — Al Capone matchbook up for auction (Jen Sabella)
• 8/25/21— Amazon Lockers will net Park District $137,600 at most for first year, contract shows (Shamus Toomey)
• 8/6/21 — Wrigley Field sportsbook gets key city approval, bringing Cubs one step closer to on-site gambling (Shamus Toomey)
• 8/5/21 — Overnight parking ban in Wicker Park is preventing late-night rowdiness (Kelly Bauer)
• 8/4/21 — Apple TV+ series ‘Ripple Effects’ with Elizabeth Moss starts filming in Bucktown this week (Shamus Toomey)
• 7/31/21— Jeff Fest returns, Uptown gets a tech center, and Jewel-Osco reopens with space for South Shore Drill Team (Shamus Toomey)
• 7/30/21 — Jimmy’s Pizza Cafe, a Puerto Rican bakeshop, and Instagram connecting the Northside (Jen Sabella)
• 7/29/21 — Humboldt Park Gators win national title (Shamus Toomey)
Subscribe to Block Club Chicago, an independent, 501(c)(3), journalist-run newsroom. Every dime we make funds reporting from Chicago’s neighborhoods.
Already subscribe? Click here to support Block Club with a tax-deductible donation.