IRVING PARK — A person was treated for smoke inhalation Thursday night after a second story apartment caught fire on the Northwest Side.
The fire department responded to a working fire at 4106 W. Montrose Ave. around 6:30 p.m. according to Chicago Fire Department spokesperson Larry Langford.
One person was taken by ambulance to Swedish Hospital for smoke inhalation around 7:05 p.m. but the injuries weren’t life-threatening, Langford said.
The fire started in a second story apartment, Langford said. The second story of the building had some smoke and fire damage and a broken window Friday morning.
The cause of the fire has yet to be determined, Langford said.
Subscribe to Block Club Chicago. Every dime we make funds reporting from Chicago’s neighborhoods.