WEST TOWN — Two women were robbed at gunpoint in West Town Sunday afternoon, police said.
At about 1:20 p.m. Sunday, two 27-year-old women were walking in the 1500 block of West Fry Street when three men walked up behind them, police spokeswoman Sally Bown said. The men, who had a gun, grabbed one of the women’s bags and tried to get the other woman’s bag, Bown said. The men drove away afterward.
A video of the robbery obtained by Block Club Chicago shows the women walking on Fry Street when the men walked up to them. One of the men chased the women as they ran away.
Chicago Police said the men fit the description of suspects in other robberies in West Town, Heart of Chicago, Lakeview and Wrigleyville.
In those cases, the robbers used stolen cars — a black Toyota sedan, a gray Subaru Outback, a black Jeep SUV and a silver Jeep SUV — to commit the robberies, police said.
In each robbery, at least one man had a gun or implied he was armed before robbing the victims, all of whom were women, police said.
Detectives are investigating the following robberies:
- 3 a.m. in the 3600 block of North Clark Street
- 9:35 a.m. in the 3200 block of North Southport Avenue
- 10 a.m. in the 2900 block of North Mildred Avenue
- 10:20 a.m. in the 3600 block of North Clark Street
- 1:20 p.m. in the 1500 West Fry Street
- 1:20 p.m. in the 1600 block of West Cortez Street
- 2 p.m. in the 2300 block of West 19th Street
- 2 p.m. in the 3800 Block of North Lakewood Avenue
- 2:06 p.m. in the 1100 block of West Cornelia Avenue
People will additional information can call 312-744-8445.
Police encouraged residents to be aware of their surroundings and call 911 if they are the victim of a crime.