BOYSTOWN — The Center on Halsted is launching virtual therapy groups to support LGBTQ people during the coronavirus pandemic.
The five therapy groups, which each serve a different segment of the LGBTQ community, begin Monday and will meet weekly.
People can sign up for the virtual therapy groups by contacting the Center on Halsted’s team at email@example.com or 773-472-6469, ext. 460.
- 6 p.m. Mondays: Therapy group for Black and indigenous people and people of color.
- 6 p.m. Tuesdays: Therapy group for queer women.
- 4 p.m. Wednesdays: Therapy group for trans, gender non-conforming and nonbinary people.
- 6 p.m. Wednesdays: Therapy group for queer men.
- 6 p.m. Thursdays: Therapy group for people living with HIV.
The Center on Halsted’s building at 3656 N. Halsted St. has been closed since Illinois’ stay at home order went into effect March 20, but many of its resource hotlines have remained open.
The Center also rolled out limited HIV testing during the pandemic. Appointments can be scheduled by calling 773-661-0910 or texting 872-243-1004.
Jake Wittich is a Report for America corps member covering Lakeview, Boystown and Lincoln Park for Block Club Chicago.
Block Club Chicago’s coronavirus coverage is free for all readers. Block Club is an independent, 501(c)(3), journalist-run newsroom.
Subscribe to Block Club Chicago. Every dime we make funds reporting from Chicago’s neighborhoods.