LOGAN SQUARE — Logan Square Arts Festival has been canceled due to coronavirus.
In announcing the cancelation on Tuesday, organizers said they were hoping to move the festival to a different date later in the summer but “as time went on it became clear that cancelling was the safest and smartest thing to do.”
Organizers said they’re now considering putting on an “alternate event” later in the year “but the date, scale and focus of that event will be determined by the course of this health crisis and what will be permitted by the city and state,” adding, “We’ll see.”
Every year for the past 10 years, Logan Square Arts Festival has brought live music, locally made food and drinks and a bevy of vendors and makers to the neighborhood for a weekend of summer fun.
In recent years, the fest has made the grassy area surrounding the Logan Square monument its home. Prior to that, the fest was held on Milwaukee Avenue. Last year was the fest’s 10th anniversary.
The fest will be back in 2021, organizers said.
Logan Square Arts Festival is the latest summer festival to be canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic. Festivals across the city, including major ones like the Chicago Blues Fest, have been canceled to stop the spread of the virus.
Block Club Chicago’s coronavirus coverage is free for all readers. Block Club is an independent, 501(c)(3), journalist-run newsroom.
Subscribe to Block Club Chicago. Every dime we make funds reporting from Chicago’s neighborhoods.
Already subscribe? Click here to support Block Club with a tax-deductible donation.