CHICAGO — Coronavirus is spreading throughout the city and rapidly changing the lives of Chicagoans.
Block Club has rounded up resources for what you can do if you feel sick, need food, need stress relief and more.
Think we’re missing something? Email Newsroom@BlockClubChicago.org.
Here are resources for …
If you feel sick
• Health Care Resources In Chicago (City of Chicago)
• Coronavirus Symptoms (CDC)
• What To Do If You Are Sick (CDC)
If you want to prevent getting sick
• Protect Yourself (CDC)
If you’re struggling financially
• Federal Stimulus Package Unemployment Benefits FAQ (Illinois Department of Employment Securtiy)
• Employment And Financial Support Resources In Chicago (City of Chicago)
• Utilities And Bills Resources In Chicago (City of Chicago)
If you need housing or shelter
• Chicago Homeless Shelters & Services For The Needy (Homeless Shelter Directory)
• Housing Resources In Chicago (City of Chicago)
If you need help with food
• Food Resources In Chicago (City of Chicago)
• Chicago Food Pantries, Soup Kitchens & Food Banks (Homeless Shelter Directory)
• Need Help Getting Food? You Can Now Apply For SNAP Online (Block Club)
If you’re stressed out
If you have questions about Chicago Public Schools
• Schools And Youth Resources In Chicago (City of Chicago)
If you have questions about the city and state’s new rules
If you want to support local restaurants, businesses and performers
If you want to volunteer and help others
• Volunteer Opportunities With Serve Illinois (State of Illinois)
If you want to get outside or work out
If you want the latest news
• Block Club Chicago’s Coronavirus Newsletter (afternoons Monday-Friday)
Block Club Chicago’s coronavirus coverage is free for all readers. Block Club is an independent, 501(c)(3), journalist-run newsroom.
Subscribe to Block Club Chicago. Every dime we make funds reporting from Chicago’s neighborhoods.