CHICAGO — A group of robbers has stolen from at least seven Near North Side businesses in recent weeks.
One to three boys or men forced their way into businesses by breaking open glass doors, according to a Chicago Police business alert. They took high-end clothing, purses, wallets and money.
The robberies occurred:
- Morning of Dec. 18 in the 600 block of North State Street
- Morning of Dec. 26 in the 400 block of North State Street
- Morning of Dec. 28 in the 900 block of North Rush Street
- Morning of Dec. 28 in the 1900 block of North Clybourn Avenue
- Morning of Jan. 9 in the 100 block of East Oak Street
- Morning of Jan. 26 in the 600 block of North Michigan Avenue
- Morning of Feb. 2 in the 700 block of North Wells Street
No detailed description of the robbers was available.
Police advised people to keep doors locked and windows secure and to immediately repair broken windows, door and locks.
Anyone with information about the robberies was asked to call police at 312-747-8380.