LINCOLN SQUARE — On Small Business Saturday, small businesses in Lincoln Square, Ravenswood, North Center will be celebrating with free trolley rides, photos with Santa and more fun.
Here’s a list of the deals and events.
The Lincoln Square Ravenswood Chamber of Commerce kicks off the holiday shopping season on Saturday with deals at shops and restaurants, carolers, ice sculptures and a tree lighting in the neighborhood.
Some of Saturday’s events include:
• The Lincoln Square Tree Lighting in Giddings Plaza at 5:30 p.m.
• Victorian Caroling in Giddings Plaza, from 11 a.m.- 4:30 p.m., every half-hour at the top of the hour
• Pictures with Santa at The Perfect Cup, 4700 N. Damen Ave., from 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
• Pet Pictures With Santa at Urban Pooch, 4501 N. Ravenswood Ave. from 2:30-4:30 p.m.
• DANK Haus German American Cultural Center will serve German glühwein, beer and hot cider in Giddings Plaza from 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
Merz Apothecary, 4716 N. Lincoln Ave., will offer the first 25 customers who spend $100 or more Saturday a free Archipelago Botanicals Luna Glass Jar Candle, valued at $22.
Find out about other Saturday deals from local Lincoln Square businesses here.
The Greater Ravenswood Chamber of Commerce will once again be offering their Holly Jolly Trolley on Saturday from 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
The trolley be stopping in and around the neighborhood’s small businesses so shoppers don’t have to worry about parking. Shoppers can get a free tote bag until 2 p.m. at Lillstreet Shop & Gallery, 4401 N. Ravenswood Ave.
Here’s a list of where the Ravenswood trolley will be stopping on Saturday:
• Lillstreet/Small Business Saturday Welcome Station at Ravenswood & Montrose
• Urban Pooch Canine Life Center at Ravenswood & Sunnyside. Urban Pooch will be hosting pictures with Santa from 2-4 p.m.
• River Valley at Wilson & Ravenswood
• Ravensgoods at Damen & Leland
• District at Damen & Ainslie
• Bang Bang Pie & Biscuits at Damen & Argyle
• Urban Renewal Brewery at Ravenswood & Winona
• Outskirts Vintage at Lawrence & Hermitage
• Redline VR at Ravenswood & Leland
• Marmalade at Damen & Montrose
Vintage clothing shop Outskirts Vintage, 1748 W. Lawrence Ave., will be offering $10 gift certificates for the first 10 shoppers through the door when they open at 10 a.m. on Saturday.
For more information about the route and other Saturday deals from local Ravenswood businesses here.
Santa returns to North Center on Saturday. Shoppers can meet Kris Kringle at Cole’s Appliance & Furniture, 4026 N. Lincoln Ave., at about 9 a.m.
People stopping by City Grange, 5500 N. Western Ave. on Saturday will also be able to enjoy complimentary beverages and every purchase that day also comes with a free gift and entry into a drawing for a free Christmas tree.
Find out about other Saturday deals from local North Center businesses here.
The Six Corners Association is partnering with the Jeff Park Chamber, Jeff Park Forward and Irving Austin Business District to offer free trolley rides to local businesses on Saturday.
Two different trolleys will travel a route through Six Corners, Jefferson Park, Portage Park, and the Irving Park and Austin areas between 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
Businesses along the route will be offering shoppers deals and giveaways and some stops will feature live music, Christmas carolers and more.
A breakfast with Santa event kicks off at the free rides at Gale Street Inn, 4914 N. Milwaukee Ave at 10 a.m. After the trolleys stops running everyone is invited to Foundation Tavern, 5007 W. Irving Park Road, for snacks and gift wrapping party.
Find out more about the route and deals being offered here.
Do stories like this matter to you? Subscribe to Block Club Chicago. Every dime we make funds reporting from Chicago’s neighborhoods.