FULTON MARKET — A grease chute fire is forcing chef Stephanie Izard’s Duck Duck Goat restaurant in Fulton Market to close for at least a week.
The fire broke out around 11:45 p.m. Saturday. Firefighters responded to a report of a grill fire, said Larry Merritt, a spokesman for the Chicago Fire Department.
No one was hurt, he said.
The restaurant at 857 W. Fulton Market St. later announced it would be closed for at least a week.
“Our team is working hard to get the restaurant ready to reopen. As soon as we know more, we will share information on timing,” the post read.
Do stories like this matter to you? Subscribe to Block Club Chicago. Every dime we make funds reporting from Chicago’s neighborhoods.