LOGAN SQUARE — More than a dozen of Logan Square and Avondale’s coolest buildings will open their doors for this year’s Open House Chicago.
The Chicago Architecture Center recently unveiled its list of sites for the annual architectural festival, set for Oct. 19-20, and 13 of them are in Logan Square and Avondale.
The list includes:
- Guild Row, 3130 N. Rockwell St.
- Metropolis Coffee Roasterie, 3057 N. Rockwell St.
- NEIU El Centro, 3390 N. Avondale Ave.
- Pumping Station: One, 3519 N. Elston Ave.
- All Star Press, 2775 N. Milwaukee Ave.
- Armitage Baptist Church, 2541 N. Kedzie Blvd.
- The Joinery, 2533 W. Homer St.
- L Logan Square, 2211 N. Milwaukee Ave.
- Lincoln Lodge, 2040 N. Milwaukee Ave.
- Logan Square Auditorium, 2539 N. Kedzie Blvd.
- Minnekirken (Norwegian Lutheran Memorial Church), 2614 N. Kedzie Blvd.
- Moss Design, 2855 W. Diversey Ave.
- Sulzen Fine Art Studio (Wold Airbrush Factory Building), 2720 W. St. Georges Ct.
Open House Chicago 2019 will offer “behind-the-scenes access” to nearly 350 sites in neighborhoods across Chicago. The sites range from repurposed mansions and historic churches to modern offices and skyscrapers. The tours are all free.
For more information on the festival, and specific sites, visit the festival’s website.
Do stories like this matter to you? Subscribe to Block Club Chicago. Every dime we make funds reporting from Chicago’s neighborhoods.