ENGLEWOOD — Someone is breaking into U.S. Postal trucks and stealing mail in Englewood, Chicago Police warned this week.
Police said the thieves targeted parked postal trucks between July 5 and August 3, smashing windows to break in and steal bundles of mail.
The incidents took place at the following locations:
- 1500 W. 66th St. on July 5
- 5500 S. Elizabeth Ave. on July 20
- 1300 W. 60th St. on July 22
- 7000 S. Eggleston Ave. on July 30
- 600 W. 60th St. on July 31
- 1400 W. 72nd Pl. on Aug. 1
- 6200 S. Normal Blvd on Aug. 3.
Area South detectives believe the thefts are part of a larger pattern. The offenders are described as two men between 5 feet 10 inches and 6 feet tall, both weighing approximately 165 pounds.
Police urge residents, if confronted by the men, to call 911 immediately and give a detailed description of any suspicious people, including vehicle descriptions and license plate information.