NORTH PARK — The Northwest Side Coalition Against Racism and Hate is hosting a Peace In the Preserves event on Saturday.
The free event kicks off at 3 p.m. in the LaBagh Woods, near the intersection of West Foster and North Cicero avenues.
The event aims to celebrate diversity with an afternoon of music, activities, raffles, food vendors, special guests and more.
The lineup includes:
• 2:45 p.m. – The Outside Combo, local student jazz band
• 3:15 p.m. – Northwest Side Coalition Against Racism and Hate Welcome
• 3:25 p.m. – Ho-Chunk Nation, John Dall
• 3:30 p.m. – Sacred Drum Dance, Ho-Chunk Nation
• 3:55 p.m. – SOUL, Tanya Watkins
• 4 p.m. – Jesse White Tumblers
• 4:30 p.m. – Edith Yokely violin performance
• 5:00 p.m.- Dialogue with children, Micheal Pond
• 5:15 p.m.- DreamTree Shakers interactive kids concert
• 6:00 p.m.- Portage Park for Action Respect and Community, Terrie Albano
• 6:05 p.m. – Sense7th performance
• 6:40 p.m. – Forest Preserves of Cook County remarks
• 6:45 p.m.- Raffle
Northwest Side Coalition Against Racism and Hate was formed in 2018 after a woman attending a picnic at Caldwell Woods was verbally attacked for wearing a shirt with the Puerto Rican flag on it.
For more information about Saturday’s event visit its Facebook page.
Do stories like this matter to you? Subscribe to Block Club Chicago. Every dime we make funds reporting from Chicago’s neighborhoods.