NORTH CENTER — St. Benedict Catholic Church and School’s BenFest returns to the neighborhood this weekend with three days of music, food and activities for kids.
The family-friendly fest kicks off at 4 p.m. Friday at the church, 2215 W. Irving Park Road. It runs until 10 p.m. Friday, 1-10 p.m. Saturday and 1-7 p.m. Sunday.
Activities for kids will include a giant 90-foot obstacle course, an atomic drop slide, wrecking ball, double water slide and bungee run, county slide and jumpy house.
While entrance to the fest is free, BenFest organizers are requesting a suggested $5 donation at the gate. An adult three-day wristband is $15. The cost of activity wristbands for kids is $20 for one day or $35 for the three days. Tickets can be purchased online here.
Check out the music lineup below:
• 8 p.m. – Fletcher Rockwell
• 1 p.m. – St. Benedict Choir
• 2:45 p.m. – John Measner – Magician
• 3:30 p.m. – John Slivka
• 4:15 p.m. – The Hip Squares (Chris Kelle & Andrew Goodwin)
• 5:15 p.m. – Alicia Lees
• 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. – Music
• 6 p.m. – Kids Games
• 8 p.m. – Dance Party With DJ Ryan Levin
• 2:30 p.m. – Fonseca Karate Demonstration
• 3:30 p.m. – Old Town School of Folk Music presents: Nick Davio
• 4 p.m. – Bubble Guy
• 7:30 p.m. – BenFest Buddies Saturday Night with Youth Ministry!
• 8 p.m. – Kids Area Closes – BenFest Buddies in Gym (advanced purchase required)
• 3:30 p.m. – Old Town School of Folk Music presents: Little Miss Ann
• 4:15 p.m. – Mad Science
Proceeds from the festival will benefit St. Benedict Parish and School.
Do stories like this matter to you? Subscribe to Block Club Chicago. Every dime we make funds reporting from Chicago’s neighborhoods.