WEST TOWN — Five robberies were recently reported in West Town, Chicago Police said.
In the 14th (Shakespeare) Police District, the robberies have involved one or two men who stole phones or attempted to steal purses from victims, police said in a June 11 Community Alert.
In some incidents, victims said the suspects fled in a silver or gray car with a Georgia license plate CJW3995.
The 14th District robberies occurred in the:
- 1700 block of West North Avenue at 10:17 p.m. May 21
- 1600 block of West North Avenue at 1:15 p.m. May 25
- 1400 block of North Paulina Street at 10:52 a.m. June 9
- 1100 block of West Chicago Avenue at 11:28 a.m. June 9
- 1700 block of West North Avenue at 10:40 a.m. June 9
Both suspects are believed to be between 5-feet-6-inches and 5-feet-11-inches in height, police said.
One suspect is believed to be between the ages of 18 and 30 and weighing between 150 and 220 pounds, according to police.
The second suspect is believed to be between the ages of 20 and 25 and weighing between 220 and 270 pounds, according to police.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Area North detectives at 312-744-8263.