LINCOLN SQUARE — Lincoln Square’s farmers market is back at the corner of Lincoln and Leland avenues.
Now in its 10th year, every Tuesday and Thursday until the end of October, the market will feature fresh fruits, vegetables and handcrafted goods only a few steps away from the Western Brown Line stop.
On Tuesdays, the market hours are 7 a.m.-1 p.m., with an hour of outdoor yoga that begins at 10 a.m. from Bloom Yoga Studio. Yogis should bring their own mats, and no need to pre-register.
Also on Tuesdays, Timeless Toys will host activities for children from 11 a.m.-noon described as:
• June 11 – Giant Bowling Bowl “with bowling pins bigger than you!”
• June 18 – Bubbles — “Join the fun, blow some bubbles and dance!”
• June 25 – Cardboard Costumes — “Create your own cardboard dino heads and much more!”
• July 2 – Rock Painting — “Paint a rock for your garden, nightstand, or as a gift!”
• July 9 – Sun Catchers — “Join us in making sun catchers for your windows.”
• July 16 – Dino Dig Dig Dig Dig!!! — “Can you find the dinosaur bones?”
• July 23 – Slime Making — “Slime is fun! Come make your own slime to take home!”
• July 30 – Building with Poly M — “Help us build a new window display with Poly M Building Toys!”
On Thursdays, the market is open from 4-8 p.m. (After Labor Day, the Thursday market will close at 7 p.m.) And every Thursday, from 6-7 p.m., cooking demos by The Chopping Block will be featured at the market.
Do stories like this matter to you? Subscribe to Block Club Chicago. Every dime we make funds reporting from Chicago’s neighborhoods.