RAVENSWOOD — Enjoy a bouncy castle, live music and fresh, local food when the Ravenswood Farmers Market returns next Wednesday.
The market, at 4900 N. Damen Avenue, opens for the season on June 12 and runs from 4 to 8 p.m. It will return every Wednesday through Oct. 16 except for the week including July 4.
In addition to a variety of vendors, the farmers market features live music every week, a bouncy castle when weather permits as well as sensory bins and a playground for children that opens at 6 p.m.
The market is also dog-friendly and has on-site water bowls to keep the pups hydrated.
Vendors At The Market This Year Include:
- Benton Harbor Fruit & Bee Company
- Butterclaw Brands (lobster rolls)
- Chicago Marshmallow
- Domaci Bakery
- Eight Hands LLC (soap)
- Elsie Mae’s Canning & Pies
- Empanada Bike
- Higher Healing (hemp products)
- Hilary’s Cookies
- Kernel Dan’s Kettle Corn
- La Boulangerie
- Nathan St. Martin (vegan comfort food)
- Patyk Farms
- Percolator Coffee
- Red Apple Rest (Polish & European dishes)
- Rogers Park Montessori
- Savour the Dates (little pizzas)
- Tamales Express
- Waste Not Compost
June 2019 Musician, Food Truck & Event Schedule:
- Musicians: Teel Short, 4-8 p.m.
- Food Trucks: Piko Kitchen and Anna A.Sweets Girl
- Activities: Invisible Ink, Vintage Strawberry Shortcake, and Stamping with Brussels Sprouts
- Musicians: Bubble Show with Scott Ingerson, 4-6 p.m.; Anna Ingerson, 6-8 p.m.
- Food Trucks: Chicago Pizza Boss, Ms. Tittles Cupcakes
- Activities: Catapults, Vintage Spirograph and Fashion Plates, and Stamping with Limes
- Musicians: Javier Payano, 4-6 p.m.; Ewa Sarota-Raczek, 6-8 p.m.
- Food Trucks: Baby Q’s and Stan’s Donuts
- Activities: Marble Maze, Hammer and Nail Project, Vintage Micro Machines, and Stamping with Star Fruit
“The opening of the farmers market is always the final sign summer is really here,” says Megan Bunimovich, executive director of the Greater Ravenswood Chamber of Commerce. “Residents and neighboring locals all fill the market to enjoy the fresh air after a day in the office and grab a bite to eat. It’s a community favorite and here every week into the fall.”
A full calendar of events through October is available at http://ravenswoodchicago.org/farmersmarket/.
The Ravenswood Farmers Market is a joint effort from the Greater Ravenswood Chamber of Commerce, Ravenswood Evangelical Covenant Church, and Ravenswood Community Council.
Do stories like this matter to you? Subscribe to Block Club Chicago. Every dime we make funds reporting from Chicago’s neighborhoods.