CHICAGO — Zingerman’s is bringing some of its fan favorites when the ultra-famous deli comes to Chicago for a two-day popup this month.
The Michigan-based deli, which has earned praise from celebrities and politicians including former President Barack Obama, has released its menu for the May popup.
The popup is open 11 a.m.-3 p.m. May 19 and 7 a.m.-7 p.m. May 20 at The Ruin Daily, 328 S. Jefferson St.
Zingerman’s is teaming up with The Ruin Daily for a new take on a notorious Chicago sandwich, dubbed the Gym Shoe, that will feature Zingerman’s famous corned beef and The Ruin Daily’s lamb gyro meat.
The popup will also served its most famous sandwiches, including the No. 2 Zingerman’s Reuben and the No. 36 Lila and Izzie’s Skokie Skidoo. Vegetarian-friendly sandwiches will be available.
Sandwiches will cost $18, and drinks, desserts and sides will be available.
Here’s the full menu:
- The Gym Shoe: A collaboration between Zingerman’s and The Ruin Daily, this sandwich will feature Zingerman’s corned beef, The Ruin Daily lamb gyro meat, tzatzikii, giardiniera, provolone and lettuce on a bolillo roll.
- No. 2 Zingerman’s Reuben: Zingerman’s corned beef with Swiss emmental cheese, Brinery sauerkraut and Russian dressing on grilled Jewish rye bread.
- No. 13 Sherman’s Sure Choice: Zingermans’ corned beef with Swiss Emmental cheese, coleslaw and Russian dressing on Jewish rye bread.
- No. 18 Georgia Reuben: Turkey breast with Swiss Emmental cheese, coleslaw and Russian dressing on grilled Jewish rye bread.
- No. 20 Tomen’s New Job: This sandwich is the same at the No. 18 but is not grilled.
- No. 22 Jenny’s Fix: Zingerman’s pastrami with Swiss Emmental cheese, coleslaw and Russian dressing on grilled rye bread.
- No. 36 Lila and Izzie’s Skokie Skidoo: Swiss Emmental cheese, coleslaw and Russian dressing on grilled farm bread.
- No. 48 Binny’s Brooklyn Reuben: Zingerman’s pastrami with Swiss Emmental cheese, Brinery sauerkraut and Russian dressing on grilled pumpernickel bread.
Potato salad, coleslaw and potato chips will be available as sides, and craft beers from Michigan breweries will be served alongside boozy frappuccinos and all-day Bloody Marys. Cold brew will also be available.
The popup will also feature sweets from Zingerman’s Bakehouse, including brownies (with nut- and wheat-free varieties) and chocolate bars in raspberry, fudge and peanut butter flavors, among other things.
Customers can also buy jars of Zingerman’s pickles, Brinery sauerkraut, Russian dressing and pimento cheese to bring home.