NEAR NORTH SIDE — Robbers on the Near North Side have snatched phones from their victims at least six times since the beginning of January, police said.
The robbers walked up to victims, grabbed their phones and ran away, according to a Chicago Police community alert. During two robberies, the thieves got into a black, four-door car and drove off.
The robberies occurred:
- In the evening on Jan. 5 in the 500 block of North Rush Street
- In the evening on Jan. 9 in the first block of East Huron Street
- In the evening on Jan. 9 in the 300 block of East Illinois Street
- In the evening on Jan. 10 in the 300 block of East Illinois Street
- In the evening on Jan. 21 in the 600 block of North Wells Street
- In the evening of Jan. 28 in the first block of East Ohio Street
The robbers were described as one to four boys or men aged 15-21 who were 5-foot-6 to 5-foot-10 and 120-170 pounds, police said.
Anyone with information about the robberies was asked to call police at 312-747-8380.