CHICAGO — The city has 25 spots where Chicagoans can ditch their Christmas trees so they can be recycled into mulch.
You can drop off your tree at any of the city’s locations starting Saturday. Trees will be accepted until Jan. 19.
Free mulch will be available at six of the recycling spots starting Monday.
Here’s where you can drop off your tree:
- Bessemer Park, 8930 S. Muskegon Ave.
- Humboldt Park Boathouse, 1369 N. Sacramento Ave.
- Lincoln Park, Cannon Drive at Fullerton Avenue (free mulch available)
- West Chatham Park, 8223 S. Princeton Ave.
- Rowan Park, 11546 S. Avenue L
- Clark Park, 3400 N. Rockwell St.
- Jackson Park, 6300 S. Cornell Ave.
- Margate Park, 4921 N. Marine Drive (free mulch available)
- North Park Village, 5801 N. Pulaski Road
- Sheridan Park, 910 S. Aberdeen st.
- Forestry Site, 900 E. 103rd St. (free mulch available)
- Kennedy Park, 2427 W. 113th St.
- Marquette Park, 6700 S. Kedzie Ave.
- Norwood Park, 5801 N. Natoma Ave.
- Walsh Park, 1722 N. Ashland Ave.
- Garfield Park, 100 N. Central Park Ave.
- Kelvyn Park, 4438 W. Wrightwood Ave.
- McKinley Park, 2210 W. Pershing Road
- Portage Park, 4100 N. Long Ave.
- Warren Park, 6601 N. Western Ave. (free mulch available)
- Grant Park, 900 S. Columbus Drive
- Lake Meadows Park, 3117 S. Rhodes Ave.
- Mt. Greenwood Park, 3721 W. 111th St. (free mulch available)
- Riis Park, 6201 W. Wrightwood Ave.
- Wentworth Park, 5701 S. Narragansett Ave.