CHICAGO — Women posing as rideshare drivers continue to rob people in and around the Near North Side, police said.
The robbers have struck at least 10 times since the end of September, according to a Chicago Police community alert. They picked up people who thought they were getting into a rideshare and then stole from the victims, sometimes using force.
The robberies occurred:
• Morning of Sept. 21 in the 700 block of North Wells Street
• Morning of Sept. 27 in the 300 block of West Locust Street
• Morning of Sept. 29 in the 600 block of West Grand Avenue
• Morning of Sept. 30 in the 700 block of North Wells Street
• Morning of Oct. 21 in the 100 block of West Kinzie Street
• Morning of Nov. 15 in the 1100 block of North Clark Street
• Morning of Nov. 24 in the 600 block of North Dearborn Street
• Morning of Nov. 25 in the 600 block of North Wells Street
• Morning of Nov. 30 in the 600 block of North State Street
• Morning of Dec. 3 in the 100 block of West Illinois Street
The robbers were described as two to three women who were 20-35 years old, 5-foot-1 to 5-foot-6 and 120-150 pounds, police said.
Anyone with information about the robberies was asked to call police at 312-747-8380.
Police reported a string of similar robberies in the area over the summer.