ALBANY PARK — Police issued an alert after a rash of 7-Eleven store robberies in November, all apparently carried out by the same crew.
Seven robberies happened at the convenience stores in the Shakespeare (14th), Albany Park (17th), Near North (18th) Town Hall (19th) and Grand and Central (25th) police districts between Nov. 5 and Nov. 16. Three men, all wearing black clothing, were reportedly responsible for all seven 7-11 robberies.
Police say at least two of the men would go to an employee and demand the cash register be opened. In one of the the robberies the men used handguns to intimidate the employee. The men stole store merchandise and cash.
These robberies happened in the:
• 6400 block of West Diversey Avenue at about 3:45 a.m. Nov. 5.
• 2600 block of North Clark Street at about 5:20 a.m. Nov. 11.
• 1300 block of West Fullerton Avenue at about 5:30 a.m. Nov 11.
• 2000 block of North Damen Avenue at about 5:45 a.m. Nov. 11.
• 3600 block of West Belmont Avenue at about 5:15 a.m. Nov. 12.
• 3000 block of North Pulaski Road at about 4:20 a.m. Nov. 16.
• 4300 block of North Kimball Avenue at 5:10 a.m. Nov. 16.
Police asked anyone with information about the robberies to call Area North detectives at 312-744-8263.