WEST LOOP— Two West Loop restaurants and a bar on Randolph’s popular restaurant row were briefly evacuated Tuesday night after a grease chute caught fire.
At 8:05 p.m., guests at Bad Hunter, Lone Wolf and Au Cheval were evacuated after a grease chute caught fire at 802 W. Randolph St., according to the Chicago Fire Department. The fire broke out at Bad Hunter, the restaurant confirmed on Facebook.
The flames spread and fire crews had to open the roof loft to extinguish the fire, said Larry Langford, a Chicago Fire Department spokesman.
The fire was under control by 8:30 p.m., and no injuries were reported, Langfords said.
The Health Department was notified after the fire.
Officials at Bad Hunter, Lone Wolf, and Au Cheval could not immediately be reached for comment.