CHICAGO — Beverly has been hit by seven car break-ins in just a week, including four that ended with a car being stolen.
The thief or thieves walked down streets in the neighborhood, pulling on car doors to get inside and then steal items from the cars, according to a Chicago Police community alert.
In four cases, the car’s keys were inside and the thief was able to steal the car.
All of the thefts happened between midnight and 6 a.m., police said.
The thefts occurred:
• Oct. 29 in the 9200 block of South Oakley Avenue
• Oct. 29 in the 9500 block of South Claremont Avenue
• Friday in the 10400 block of South Claremont Avenue
• Saturday in the 10600 block of South Hamilton Avenue
• Monday in the 10500 block of South Hamilton Avenue
• Monday in the 10600 block of South Hamilton Avenue
• Monday in the 10600 block of South Hoyne Avenue
Police advised residents to keep their cars locked, avoid keeping anything valuable in their cars and to consider installing an an alarm in their cars.
Anyone with information about the thefts was asked to call police at 312-747-8273.