PORTAGE PARK — Chicago Police warned residents of the Irving Park and Avondale neighborhoods of a rash of vehicle thefts in recent days — with the thieves preferring Dodge Caravans.
The five vehicles were swiped from legal street parking spots in the evening or overnight hours last week. Four were Dodge Caravan minivans, police said.
These thefts happened in the:
• 3300 block of North Ridgeway Avenue between 9 p.m. Oct. 29 and 8:30 a.m. Oct. 30.
• 3300 block of North Harding Avenue between 8:30 p.m Oct. 31 and 6:20 a.m. Nov. 1.
• 3300 block of North Hamlin Avenue at 8:53 p.m. Nov. 1.
• 3300 block of North Hamlin Avenue at 9:30 p.m. Nov. 1.
• 3400 block of North Lowell Avenue between 7 p.m. Nov. 1 and 7 a.m. Nov. 2.
Witnesses in the two thefts on Hamlin Avenue told police two men were responsible.
Anyone with information on these crimes is being asked to contact Area North detectives at 312-744-8263.