CHICAGO — Armed robbers have struck at least 10 times around the North Side, including six times this week, police said.
The three latest robberies happened in a 40-minute span in Lincoln Park and Lakeview, with the spree starting late Wednesday and ending early Thursday, police said. Three victims had their cars and other items stolen while being held at gunpoint during those robberies.
The robbers, a group of two to five men, walked up to victims who were alone in the street or alone in stopped cars and took out guns, according to a Chicago Police community alert. They then demanded the victims hand over their property or cars. During at least one robbery they pulled a woman from her car.
• 10:30 p.m. Oct. 1 in the 1400 block of West Sunnyside Avenue in Uptown
• 9:45 p.m. Oct. 3 in the 2900 block of North Paulina Street in Lakeview
• 10 p.m. Oct. 3 in the 3600 block of North Greenview Avenue in Lakeview
• 11:45 p.m. Oct. 3 in the 2300 block of West Waveland Avenue in North Center
• 3 p.m. Monday in the 4200 block of North Hazel Street in Buena Park
• 9 p.m. Tuesday in the 2400 block of West Leland Avenue in Lincoln Square
• 9:15 p.m. Tuesday in the 2600 block of North Greenview Avenue in Lincoln Park
• 11:45 p.m. Wednesday in the 1600 block of West Barry Avenue in Lakeview
• 12:30 a.m. Thursday in the 800 block of West Dickens Avenue in Lincoln Park
• 12:45 a.m. Thursday in the 800 block of West Willow Street in Lincoln Park
No detailed description of the robbers was immediately available.
Anyone with information was asked to call police at 312-744-8263.