CHICAGO — Robbers hit twice on the North Side this week, the latest in a string of at least six recent robberies.
The robbers, a group of two to five men, walked up to victims who were alone in the street or alone in stopped cars and took out guns, according to a Chicago Police community alert. They then demanded the victims hand over their property or cars.
The robberies occurred:
• 10:30 p.m. Oct. 1 in the 1400 block of West Sunnyside Avenue in Uptown
• 9:45 p.m. Oct. 3 in the 2900 block of North Paulina Street in Lakeview
• 10 p.m. Oct. 3 in the 3600 block of North Greenview Avenue in Lakeview
• 11:45 p.m. Oct. 3 in the 2300 block of West Waveland Avenue in North Center
• 3 p.m. Monday in the 4200 block of North Hazel Street in Buena Park
• 9:15 p.m. Tuesday in the 2400 block of West Leland Avenue in Lincoln Square
No detailed description of the robbers was available.
Anyone with information about the robberies was asked to call police at 312-744-8263.