CHICAGO — Two men are posing as rideshare drivers and robbing people, police said.
The robbers posed as rideshare drivers and picked up victims who were waiting for a car, according to a Chicago Police community alert. Once the victims were inside, the robbers held them up at gunpoint or forced them into handing over their property.
The robberies occurred:
• Early morning Aug. 18 in the first block of West Hubbard Street
• Early morning Aug. 25 in the 1400 block of North Halsted Street
• Early morning Aug. 29 in the 1500 block of North Wells Street
• Early morning Aug. 30 in the 400 block of North State Street
• Early morning Sept. 9 in the 1700 block of North Halsted Street
The robbers are described as two black men who are 25-30 years old, 5-foot-8 to 5-foot-10 and 160-170 pounds.
Police warned that people should verify a car is their rideshare vehicle by checking the make, model and plate number before getting inside. Two women have been robbing people using a similar method, striking at least seven times on the North Side in recent months.
Anyone with information about the robberies was asked to call police at 312-747-8380.