CHICAGO — Two women are posing as rideshare drivers and then robbing the people they pick up on the Near North Side, police said.
In at least six incidents since the end of June, the women picked up victims in a rideshare and then robbed them at gunpoint or by using force, police said.
The robberies occurred:
• Early morning of June 24 in the 700 block of North Larrabee Street
• Early morning of June 30 in the first block of West Hubbard Street
• Early morning of July 22 int he 600 block of North Franklin Street
• Early morning of Aug. 5 in the first block of West Hubbard Street
• Early morning of Aug. 10 in the 400 block of North Dearborn Street
• Early morning of Aug. 12 in the 2100 block of North Dayton Street
The robbers were described as two African-American women who were 20-30 years old, 5-foot-5 to 5-foot-9 and 120-150 pounds, police said.
Anyone with information about the robberies was asked to call police at 312-747-8380.