CHICAGO — Thieves have targeted homes and businesses on the North Side during separate strings of burglaries since the end of July.
A burglar or burglars broke into homes by going through unlocked doors or windows, according to a Chicago Police community alert. Those burglaries occurred:
• 8 a.m. July 22-11:30 p.m. July 23 in the 5600 block of North Ridge Avenue
• 9:30 p.m. July 28-2 a.m. July 29 in the 5600 block of North Ridge Avenue
• 3 p.m. Aug. 11-1:30 p.m. Aug. 12 in the 5200 block of North Glenwood Avenue
No description of the burglar was available.
A burglar has also targeted North Side businesses, getting into them by prying open back doors, according to a Chicago Police business alert. Those burglaries occurred:
• Between Aug. 12 and Aug. 14 in the 4000 block of North Sheridan Road
• 5:30 a.m. Aug. 16 in the 3300 block of North Halsted
• 5:45 a.m. Aug. 16 in the 3200 block of North Clark Street
• 4 a.m.-3 p.m. Aug. 18 in the 3500 block of North Halsted
The burglar was described as a man who was tall, 220-270 pounds and had a beard, police said. No further details were available.
Anyone with information about the burglaries was asked to call police at 312-744-8263.